Get the recipe for Slow Cooker Brisket with Brown Gravy via @FoodNetwork:
I made this recipe last week and it was a hit. I was skeptical about how a brisket would come out; usually I use the smoker with a brisket. The result was great, family loved it, no mess or hassle to prepare.
Note: I don’t know what “pot roast seasoning” in the ingredients list means. There was nothing like that at the grocery store so I dumped in a little extra salt, pepper, and brown gravy mix.
- Avocado oil, for searing. Original calls for canola oil but I don’t like using that.
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 pound) brisket
- Kosher salt
- 1 bunch parsley, stems reserved and leaves chopped
- 2 stalks celery with leaves, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can beef broth
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (.87 ounce) packet slow cooker pot roast seasoning. I still don’t know what this is. I just used a little extra brown gravy mix.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 (8-ounce) packages mixed wild mushrooms. I forgot to put these in. Oops, would have just made the dish better.
- 1 (.87-ounce) packet brown gravy mix
- 1 cup cold water
- Special equipment: a slow cooker