I’m doing … okay. I’ve been drinking more water, working out a bit more, and generally watching my food more closely. But there is no silver bullet here.
I’ve ranked a bit lower in that:
- I’m being tight about claiming things eg if I don’t eat well I won’t claim it.
- The app cuts off reporting at midnight so you cannot log for the former say. Yuck. Hate that as I rarely check my phone after dinner.
Like all Wodify apps this one suffers from a terrible network stack and feels like a web app bolted into native. Terrible app, wish we had something better.
Food was the downfall today. I missed lunch so I grabbed a Chicago dog – should have just powered through and called it an intermittent fast. Then we had an after work social event – I don’t think beer is on many healthy diet lists.
On the good side: continued 100 pushup challenge and started Couch to 5k for those days I cannot get to the gym. Also meditated, drank tons of water.
So/so day. Water was good. Food was okay. No workout and no mobility.
This is, I believe, day 3 of Day 0. But really! The challenge starts at midnight.
- 5 workouts per week
- 120 ounces of water daily
- Primal eating except for Fridays
So it’s Sunday and of course I have the dreaded airport/flight experience going on. How did I do?
- Breakfast – eggs and leftover steak
- Lunch – two bowls of chowder and a nice chicken/leek salad. I even at cleanly on the airplane. Delta offers you chips and such (I love potato chips) but I deferred and had a few almonds instead.
- Dinner – ribeye, aparagus, Brussels sprouts.
- Workout – nope. I was up late Saturday night and missed my planned workout. Which means I have to hit the hotel gym tomorrow morning. Of course… hotel gyms are terrible. I might just jog over to a field and do some pushups and such.
Officially today is the first day of the gym challenge. While I am weighed and scanned (gym has an InBody scanner now, hooray) the kickoff starts today with a baseline workout and then a Q and A session.
Breakfast – good
Lunch – shawarma had pita bread so not good. But fairly light on calories.
Dinner – steak, veggies, some cheese. More wine than my diet would allow on non-Fridays. Small cup of gelato for dessert.
Body: sore from two days of back-intensive workouts. I see a foam roller in my future.
Egg and cheese “omelette”