This easy recipe cooks a whole chicken along with veggies in a slow cooker for a flavorful and simple chicken soup; add noodles or rice before serving.
Source: Slow Cooker Chicken Soup Recipe – Chowhound
I made this recipe for dinner Saturday. I started it midday Friday and since it wasn’t ready for Friday night dinner I just let it stay on ‘warm’ in the slow cooker.
Interestingly enough at some point the chicken became very dark. It almost looked like I had smoked the bird first.
Final result: B+. The only downside was the chicken was a little dried out if you didn’t eat it right away. Will definitely use this recipe again.
For February I am going to take Momentum for a spin. This app is fairly simple: the more habits you do daily you build up momentum, i.e. a backlog of goodness that you won’t want to stop. I u… Sour…
Source: Balanced – for February | Bricin
I used the Balanced app for all of February. Overall I liked the app. It’s simple, lightweight, unobtrusive, and the UX makes sense. I recommend giving it a try if you are trying to build new habits.
- Lightweight UI, easy to configure.
- Wasn’t annoying about reminders. They are there but it doesn’t constantly nag you to do something.
- There were times when I was going to ‘skip’ a habit and decided not to because of the app. That is exactly the goal.
- The overviews of each habit were pretty solid and useful
Overview of a habit in Balanced
Nothing in the app is really bad per se but there are some oddities:
- Tasks that are once per week or on irregular schedules tend to get too much focus. The overall UI shows a list of upcoming ‘habits’. These infrequent habits don’t decay quite correctly.
- Daily habits don’t seem truly daily e.g. if I “Hit the gym” daily then it doesn’t matter whether this is every 24 hours or not as long as I get it done Monday, Tuesday, etc.
- The ‘Life pulse’ screen needs work. This is hard-coded to reaching 75% of your habits/goals. Fine, but what if I want to start at 50% success and build over time? Or if I am a perfectionist and want 99% success as my measure? This isn’t configurable.
I like this app. I’m going to try Momentum for March and see how it compares.