A fun idea by Andrew Hyde. If you were traveling around the world and could only bring 15 things, what would they be? Here are mine.
Okay, this is fun. I am not including the clothes that I would wear, that seems off the list.My list of 15 things:
- Timbuktu backpack – versatile, can look nice, hold enough for everything, but still small enough to be a carry-on.
- iPhone – obvious choice.
- Kindle Voyage – the best way to take reading material with me.
- Teko wool socks – swapping socks daily is a must
- Icebreaker t-shirt – can be worn 3+ days in a row without offending people.
- Smartwool undies – far nicer than the synthetic variety
- Hylete workout shorts – can double as casual shorts, swim trunks, and board shorts. The two side-zip pockets and lack of velcro make these the best all-around shorts on the market.
- Nike workout underwear – gotta keep the boys happy.
- Vivobarefoot Terra Nova II – they don’t make these anymore but they were a great shoes. Waterproof, could be used in the gym, the black ones were nice enough to wear to a decent dinner.
- Macbook Pro 15″ – I suspect if I traveled a lot I’d go with a 13″ version but for now this is my workhorse laptop.
- 18oz Hydro Flask – Cold water, hot water, and soup on the go. Best water bottle ever.
- Power cables (iPhone, Macbook, Kindle)
- Pen – you always need one.