A fun idea by Andrew Hyde. If you were traveling around the world and could only bring 15 things, what would they be? Here are mine.
Okay, this is fun.
- Timbuktu backpack. The best piece of luggage I’ve ever owned. Big enough to fit stuff, small enough for the smallest overhead bin. You can see it here. My only complaint is that two pockets have velcro closures. I hate velcro, it always gives out sooner or later.
- Macbook Pro – Need to work from where I am
- Pixel – best camera on a phone I’ve seen.
- Icebreaker wool t-shirt. I have a few of these and they’re great. No odor, easy to wash, handles sweat.
- Woolies underwear – yep, need a spare pair of these things.
- Toiletries – toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant
- Patagonia lightweight puffy jacket – it can get cold anywhere and having something this small and light is useful.
- Small umbrella
- HydroFlask – fits in the external pocket of my pack. Amazing how much having water with you on a bus, train, or airplane improves the day. I also see the water bottle and remind myself to drink more water.
- Luna sandals – I assume on these lists that my basic clothing is handled e.g. wearing a Wool & Prince shirt (dress up or down, the perfect dress shirt), Marmot jeans (I’ve never found high quality lightweight wool pants). Luna sandals are perfect for beaches, casual wear, and incredibly slim and simple.
- Hylete Vertex II shorts
- Compression shorts
- Workout t-shirt – I always pack some old, grungy, cotton t-shirt for working out. When it gets gross I ditch it.
- Dork hat – I have a Patagonia hat to shade my poor, aging head.
That’s it really. I guess technically I have a charger for my Mac and a USB-C cable to charge the Pixel.
With this set up I’ve gone 4 days.